Tooth loss is extremely common and can affect anyone, particularly as you grow older. Tooth loss can negatively impact your ability to eat and speak but it can also cause stress and a loss of self esteem. However, with All-on-Four implants you can fully regain the functionality of your mouth and the appearance of your beautiful smile.
What Are All-on-Four Implants?
All-on-Four dental implants are a dental procedure in which the upper or lower dental plate is replaced during a single day surgery. The new plate is anchored into the mouth with permanent teeth using four dental implants that are attached to your jawbone. This represents a revolutionary technique that provides patients who have experienced tooth loss with a fresh new smile and returned functionality of their mouth.
Who Can Benefit From An All-on-Four Implant?
This procedure is the perfect solution for any patients who are missing teeth. The surgery is completed in a single day which means you won’t have to return to the dental office for multiple appointments. All-on-Four implants are also an ideal option for patients who have ongoing problems relating to conventional dentures.
A Brief Overview Of The All-on-Four Implants Procedure
- Before the implants can be installed your dentist will conduct a comprehensive examination of your mouth. This will include taking X-rays, digital 3D scans and a thorough review of your past dental history. Based on the findings, a treatment plan is created to ensure a successful personalized outcome for each patient.
- Measurements are taken to determine the precise placement of the All-on-Four dental implants. This means that the dental plate will fit perfectly and be comfortable and fully functional for the patient.
- The procedure is conducted using oral sedation so you won’t feel any pain. This also avoids the need to use a general anesthetic which can be risky for some patients.
- During the procedure your dentist will remove the damaged gum tissue and any remnants of missing teeth as well as existing teeth that will be replaced by the All-on-Four implant.
- Following the placement of the implants, your dentist will carefully replace the gum tissue around the new plates and safely close all incisions.
- Once the procedure is completed it usually takes about one month for the dental implants to fully integrate with the jawbone. After a period of six months you will be advised to return to your dentist to receive your final prosthesis.
7 Benefits Of All-on-Four Implants For Patients With Missing Teeth
- The surgery is completed in a single day.
- All-on-Four implants will fully restore your chewing functionality.
- The new dental implants are permanent and do not need to be replaced or removed once they are inserted.
- After the procedure is finished your appearance will improve and you’ll have a full smile of bright white teeth.
- All-on-Four implants are much more affordable than individual tooth replacements.
- No bone grafting is required and so you will recover from the procedure within a matter of weeks.
- The implants are permanently secured in place so you’ll never have trouble while eating or speaking again.
All-on-Four Implants Vs Conventional Dentures
There are several major advantages of All-on-Fours compared to traditional dentures. The All-on-Four implants are permanently fixed in your jawbone and never need to be replaced. This means you won’t experience the type of gum damage that dentures can cause as they rub against your gums and create sore spots.
All-on-Fours implants return full functionality to your mouth and give you back your smile. Lastly, it’s a lot easier to keep your All-on-Fours clean which reduces the risk of gum infections and poor oral hygiene.
All-on-Four Implants For Patients With Missing Teeth In Burbank
Harmony Dental of Burbank are industry leading experts who are ready to help you regain your winning smile with All-on-Four implants. Following the procedure you’ll have full functionality of your mouth, improved dental health and a fantastic smile you’ll be proud to show off.
Call to Schedule
Our office is available to answer your questions and evaluate your symptoms.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri:
9am – 6pm
Sat - Sun: Closed
Phone Available After Hours